Vietnam trains are safe and comfortable (althought trains in Vietnam are old and slow), travelling by train is the best way for travellers to get around and see Vietnam. But how to book train tickets in Vietnam?
Train tickets online
At this time, travellers can book train tickets online at vetau.com.vn or dsvn.vn (Language support: Vietnamese online). Travellers can check train ticket status and book ticket.
After booking, travellers can pay online or pay later at Train Station.
This is the most popular way to book a train tickets. But if you book train tickets at travel agents, you must pay some extra-fee (service fee).
Book train ticket at Train Station
Travellers can travel to train station to book train tickets. There are some popular train stations in Vietnam:
Saigon Train Station
Add: 1 Nguyen Thong St, Ward 9, Dist 3, HCMC
Hanoi Train Station
Add: Le Duan St, Kham Thien, Dong Da, Hanoi (Lê Duẩn, Khâm Thiên, Đống Đa, Hà Nội)
Lao Cai Train Station
Add: Khanh Yen, Pho Moi, Lao Cai City (Khánh Yên, Phố Mới, tp. Lào Cai, Lào Cai).
Nha Trang Train Station
Add: 17 Thái Nguyên, Phường Phước Tân, Thành phố Nha Trang
Some best train journeys in Vietnam:
- Hue to Danang (through Hai Van Pass): it may be the best train jouyney in Vietnam. You can travel from Hue to Danang or from Danang to Hue.
- Phan Thiet to Nha Trang (special in Ca Ná Beach): It’s 250km and travellers can see some beautiful beaches, moutain, rice fields, sandy hills,…
- Hanoi to Lao Cai: at this time, you can travel from Hanoi to Sapa(Lao Cai) but traveling by train always make you feel exciting.
Types and class of Vietnam train seat:
- Hard-berth has three tiers of beds
- Soft-berth has two tiers of beds